- They have high solvency for the old, aged, and oxidized asphalt. This means a very high percentage of the RAP binder will be quickly accessed and brought into the binder/mastic continuum.
- They reduce the complex shear modulus of the resulting RAP-virgin asphalt binder mixture. This combination reduces the risk of undesired performance and enables the profitable use of more recycled/reclaimed asphalt pavement.
Adding 20% RAP to a 15% RAP mix will allow you to reduce your virgin binder demand by almost 40%. With Arkema’s Revive® and Cecabase® RWI asphalt rejuvenators, these results can be effectively achieved without compromising the quality and long-term durability of the mterm durability of the mix.
- Saves money by incorporating more RAP, reducing the amount of virgin binder and lowering aggregate use in the mix
- Improves low temperature properties of the mix
- Alternative that is bio-renewable
More information about this range: Recycled Asphalt Pavement (RAP) & Rejuvenators
Asphalt Rejuvenating Additive
• Easier RAP utilization
• Better profitability
• Easier constructability using RAP
Easily Maximize the Use of RAP
• Lower carbon footprint
• Improved operational efficiency
• Reduced costs
Get more information
- How to effectively evaluate RAP rejuvenators.
- (8) key questions to ask your asphalt rejuvenator supplier to avoid high-RAP mix challenges.
- Tests that can be used to predict RAP rejuvenator durability and performance both in the lab and in the field.
- How to determine whether an asphalt rejuvenator will truly help increase RAP usage and improve high-RAP mix performance long-term.