Clarifiers / Clarification Aids for Phosphoric Acid Production
Arkema provides polymeric filter aids specifically designed to coalesce small gypsum crystals into much larger particles, creating significantly larger void spaces in the filter cake. The larger void spaces allow for faster liquid drainage time on phosphoric acid filters.
Our filtration aids can be formulated to improve any phosphoric acid plant production rate by adjusting molecular weight and/or charge to meet the operating conditions of each operation and the unique characteristics of the particular phosphoric acid/gypsum slurry being delivered from the reactors to the filters. Our filtration aids have demonstrated the ability to improve filtration rates as well as filtration capacity. Our filtration aids come in different product forms: powders (anionic, cationic, non-ionic), emulsions (anionic, cationic, non-ionic), liquid coagulants (cationic and anionic), GRAS and FOOD grade, and other non-PAM chemistries.
Arkema’s technical experts will work closely with you to develop and supply the right filter aids and delivery systems for optimal phosphoric acid production from phosphate rock in your plant.
- Improved settling rate
- More solids removed
- Homogeneous sludge for easier handling and less stress on rake
- Cleaner phosphoric acid with improved color / lower total organic carbon (TOC)
- Higher fertilizer grades produced downstream
About our latest developments
Next Generation Filtration Aid for Phosphogypsum Filters
• Improved plant production rates up to 5-30%
• Cleaner phosphoric acid with improved color / lower total organic carbon (TOC)
• Improved P2O5 recovery efficiency up to 1-5%
Improve filtration rate of phosphoric acid reduction
• Improved splant reduction rates up to 5-30%
• High fertilizer grades produced
• Reduced defoamer usage in reactor
Emulsion Clarification Aid up to 25-54% Phosphoric Acid
• Improved settling rate: typically 2-4 times faster
• More solids removed: flocculation efficiency typically 96-99%
• Homogenious Sludge for easier handling and less stress on rake